In this episode I chat with Dan Netting, entrepreneur, and founder of Life at Lean and The Track Academy. After having a couple of bad experiences on the track, including injuring himself in two crashes, and in the process wrecking two bikes, Dan decided to become a dedicated student of riding on the track and educated himself to become a very safe, talented track day rider, and now devotes his time to helping other track day enthusiasts accomplish the same things that he did.
Dan and I also spend some time answering some questions sent in by a listener, about trail braking and tank slappers, and we go over what counter-steering is all about.
I also give some listener shout-outs and discuss how many of my listeners are starting to form a good community around the podcast.
And I share some tips I've developed on riding more comfortably on long stints on weekend trips including gear I use to make hot weather riding more bearable, how to protect yourself from impact and abrasion and still be comfortable, and how I stay comfortable in the saddle of my Kawasaki Z900RS.
- Dan Netting email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Life at Lean Web SIte
- Life at Lean Essential Riding Skills eBook
- Life at Lean on YouTube
- Track Academy
- Ride Like a Pro
- Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena Bluetooth Modular Helmet
- Bilt Techno 2.0 Sena Bluetooth Evolution Modular Helmet
- Bilt Techno Jacket
- Alpinestars GP Air Gloves
- Alpinestars SMX-1 Air V2 Gloves
- Bohn Armor All-Season Airtex Armored Riding Shirt – Blue + White
- Bohn Armor Cool-Air Mesh Armored Riding Pants
- Draggin Liners Kevlar Underlayers
- Tobacco Motorwear Kevlar Jeans
- Cycle Gear HEAT-OUT Cool'R Short Sleeve Shirt
- Tom Walker, The MotoCoach
- Corner College w/OTRA
- Keith Code
- California Superbike School
- California Superbike School UK
- 100 POINTS OF GRIP with CHAMPSCHOOL's Nick Ienatsch, Video
- Yamaha Champions Riding School