In this episode I chat with Wes Fleming who has been riding motorcycles for many years, has over a 100,000 miles under his belt, and also does a lot to support the motorcycle community through this podcasts, web site, YouTube channel and the work he does for the BWM Motorcycle Owers of America (also know as the BMW MOA).
Wes recently purchased a 2019 Indian FTR 1200 S for his 50th birthday, and that’s what gave us the idea to get together for the first time and do an episode together. Although his new motorcycle is the focus of the episode, we spend a lot of time talking about the process of buying a new motorcycle, and topics like why Wes chose this bike, doing your research before you visit the dealer to make a purchase, choosing the right bike for you, buying a bike in its first model year, getting a bike fitted to you, financing, negotiating price, buying insurance, extended warranties, upgrading or changing an exhaust system and how that relates to emissions laws and performance, establishing a good relationship with your dealer and mechanic, the importance of having and reading the owner’s manual and service manual for your bike, engine break in, why having a chain drive can be a good thing, owning more than one motorcycle, and the like.
We don’t have time to get into a lot of specific details on this motorcycle model, as we had a ton of fun discussing all of these related topics. But if you’d like to hear about the details of the Indian FTR 1200 S, let us know and we’ll do another episode together, with Wes having even more experience to talk about regarding this bike.
I also talk about joining Gina on the Long Island leg of the Women Riders World Relay (WRWR) and some additional details about the Bohn Armor that I wear when I ride.
- 2019 Indian FTR 1200 S
- Amen Moto YouTube Channel
- 2019 Indian FTR 1200 S Walkaround Tour with Wes Fleming
- Motorcycles of Dulles
- Indian Motorcycle of Fredericksburg
- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America (BMW MOA)
- Chasing the Horizon Podcast
- 200 Miles Before Breakfast Podcast
- Motorcycle Test Kitchen! YouTube Channel
- Nicht Uber Max YouTube Channel
- Moto Chiba YouTube Channel
- Episode 54, In Which We Talk To Wendy Crockett, Winner Of The 2019 Iron Butt Rally
- Cafe Racer ADV Motorcycle Podcast
- Special Case Customs
- Maryland Moto
- Accident Scene Management Course
- DanDanTheFireman (DDFM) YouTube Channel
- T-CLOCS inspection
- Keith Code
- WRWR Web Site
- WRWR Facebook Page
- Harley-Davidson of Nassau County in Bellmore, NY
- Lower Hudson Valley Chapter of Stilettos on Steel
- Long Island Women Riders (LIWR) on Facebook
- Jones Beach Water Tower
- Bohn Body Armor
- Rocky Creek Designs Puncture Repair Tool Overview/How To/Review by Motorcycle Test Kitchen!