This episode is a great discussion with Alex, Henry and Ian, the founders of Brake Free. Brake Free's first product, which they describe as "The Smart Brake Light For Your Helmet", is a device that easily mounts to the back of your helmet and provides a third brake like, similar to the ones you see on all cars today. Brake Free requires no external wiring, and has built in circuitry to sense when you are light braking, hard braking, engine braking, and so on. The goal is to make you more visible on the road and to help avoid one of the most common accidents for motorcyclists...being hit from behind by another vehicle.
I am a Brake Free customer myself, and was backer #646 for the Indigogo campaign that they started to fund development of the product.
We talk about how the idea for Brake Free came about, what was involved in developing the product and getting it perfected, what each member of the team has contributed to the product, and lots of other motorcycle topics.
Check out the Facebook Live video on my Facebook page if you want to see the product and some of the other cool stuff we show during the interview.
If you want to get your own Brake Free, use my affiliates link. You will get $10 off your purchase and also help support the podcast!
Brake Free Affiliates Links
- Facebook Live Video with the Brake Free team
- Brake Free Web Site
- Brake Free Facebook Page
- Brake Free on Instagram
- Brake Free Indigogo Campaign Site
- My Brakefree Videos:
- Video #1 Brake Free unboxing video
- Video #2 Finding a spot to mount the Brake Free unit
- Video #3 Installing Brake Free on my helmet
- Video #4 Running Light and Braking Modes
- Video #5 Brake Free in action out on the road
- Become a Podcast Supporter (PayPal)
- Affiliates Page
- Podcast Supporters Page
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @soyouwanttoride
- Instagram: so.you.want.to.ride
- Facebook: @so.you.want.to.ride
- Podcast Listeners Facebook Group
- Podcast Web Site
- Podcast YouTube Channel
- Old Man Slacker on Facebook
- Old Man Slacker on Instagram